Redeeming and Installing VU/RM

3ti65

Lead Developer
Please read these instructions on how to create your VU account, download and have VU running.

Step 1: Install Battlefield 3

Open Origin > Find Battlefield 3 > Install it!

Startup Battlefield 3. > Close it down again.

Step 2: Create an account on Veniceunleashed.net
Create a user with the same name as your discord nick on this website:: https://veniceunleashed.net/

Check your email for an account verification email > Click the verification link. > Login to the website.

Step 3. Download and install Venice Unleashed
Visit https://veniceunleashed.net/download?zip to start the download for VU. After you've downloaded the .zip folder, extract it to a new folder on your pc. Running vu.exe starts Venice Unleashed.

Step 4. Download, install and configure RealityMod Mumble 1.3.6
Download this file > https://mega.nz/file/E5p32TrA#leHZzzwettyp-T1qBKSkxSnEQ-o4xmxL-qYP80l0wUM > Extract the file the .zip to a new folder > Open the folder you just extracted to > Start the file RmMumble.exe >

Finish the configuration of your Mumble > Go to 'Configure > Settings' and check that Mumble has picked the correct audio output and input device.

After this, go to the tab 'Shortcuts' > review the default keys > ensure that "Realitymod - Local" and "Realitymod - Squad" are bound correctly >

(Mumble currently does not automatically run on launch like PR's mumble. Please remember to manually start mumble to talk in-game. You don't have to manually connect to the server as it will do this automatically. In the future, this will be launched when RealityMod is running.)

Step 5. Log in and register in the VU Client.
The installation of VU will create start menu entries;
Open the folder you extracted the VU download to, and start vu.exe. If you're not authenticated at Origin on your PC, an EA prompt will appear where you need to log in with your Origin Credentials > On the new VU game window, use the login credentials that you created on the Venice website >

Click on "create new soldier" > use the same name as your discord name
(If you want to a name change, you will have to delete your in-game soldier and remake it.)
(Feel free to use your clan or community prefix in your nick)

Step 6. Update your VU Client
Click on the soldier you've created > On the top right side there should be a white circle that is turning green > Wait until it's green and then restart the VU Client. >
You are now ready to help us test RealityMod! Keep in mind, this step is only needed if VU requires an update.

(The green circle on the top right corner of VU's main menu means an update is currently downloading.)
(RealityMod in its current state is a relatively small mod file which is downloaded upon joining a server, in the future, when custom assets are imported, there will be separate download and eventually a launcher.)

Attachments

Last edited:

ZXD_Faant

Hey Odin,
thanks for the Info.
I seem to have accidentely deleted the verification email and now I can not activate my venice unleashed account. Could you help me out?

I used the same username as in Discord and in here to create it: ZXD_Faant

Cheers

Lennox

Early Access
I have one question , went u create character in VU , update it and restart green circle gone its good? For few seconds white circle just pops

Volpesiciliana

i downloaded and did every step on the list as its writtren down. Right now i am facing 2 type of problems:

1) i connected my Vu Account to origin account and was able to make a Vu Soldier, so far so good but i can´t activate my keys inside..
2) i installed the Mumble an d did everything but i can´t find the reality mod server und Vu Server browse...

Thanks for the help guys :)

Zul

i downloaded and did every step on the list as its writtren down. Right now i am facing 2 type of problems:

1) i connected my Vu Account to origin account and was able to make a Vu Soldier, so far so good but i can´t activate my keys inside..
2) i installed the Mumble an d did everything but i can´t find the reality mod server und Vu Server browse...

Thanks for the help guys :)
Reality Mod is not publically available at this time, so you cannot play it.

Last edited: